Monday, January 8, 2007

Another Day, Another Job App

Another modestly promising-looking job listing got forwarded to me today. This is well and good; as I mentioned, the last job app is quite the long shot for me. It's becoming even longer, as I have not yet finished the contract project I've been working on for the last 3 weeks, and I sense that completing it in an impressive manner will be key to my getting an interview for the Uberjob (as we'll call job #1.) Getting one for job #2, which we'll call the Fishjob, is probably reliant solely on my ability to convince people that just because I don't have a degree in wildlife sciences doesn't mean I'm completely ignorant about natural science and biology. I wish I did have a degree in Wildlife science. Maybe I should go back to school again. And again. Because degrees are like potato chips, once you start it's hard to stop..... and then you get really, really sick.

No comments: